Welcome to the Happily Ever Adventures’ Book Club!
One of my personal goals for the year is to make more time for reading. Diving into a good book is one of my favorite hobbies. It’s a great way for me to unwind and to recenter myself with some “me” time. I’ve noticed that lately my attention span is struggling and while I’m reading a book I’ll check my phone every few minutes or I’ll get distracted by something. I really want to get back to spending regular uninterrupted reading. I think this will be a really great thing for my mental well being. Quite a few of you told me that you’ve been feeling the same way, so I thought, why not start a book club!
Here’s how I chose the books: I posted a poll via Google Forms and asked people to vote. I selected the top votes and assigned each book a month. I’ve only listed out the next 3 months as I wanted to give us flexibility in case any amazing new books came out that we wanted to try. If you have a book recommendation to add to the book club, please leave it in the comments!
HERE’S HOW THE BOOK CLUB WILL WORK:
1. Once I’ve read the book, I’ll put up a post with some discussion questions and thoughts.
2. Go ahead and leave comments on that post to discuss the post. Feel free to talk about anything you want – from your thoughts on the book to anything else book related that’s going on in your life that month. It would be really fun if you responded to other people’s comments to keep the discussions going! I know most people wanted a Facebook group, but many of you also said you didn’t have Facebook so I wanted to make sure this was accessible to everyone. If this doesn’t end up working out, let me know. We can always add a FB group!
3. Read the book for that month, if you’d like! There’s no pressure here. Feel free to participate whether you finish the book or not or even if you never start the book! Don’t feel like you have to participate every month; feel free to join in whenever works for you. I’ve tried to pick books that have Audible and Kindle versions so you can read it in any format you’d like.
4. If you’d like to post any photos on IG, use the hashtag #happilyeverbookclub. Search the hashtag to find other book club friends and engage on their posts!
5. On the last Tuesday of each month, I’ll host an IG Live. This will be kind of like the “official book club” meeting. I’ve posted all the dates below so you can plan ahead! I’ll add the saved live to the post for that month as well in case you miss it.
THE BOOK ROUNDUP:
ONE SUMMER DAY IN ROME BY, MARK LAMPRELL
IG Live Date: 2/27, 6:30pm PST
Read the overview and discussion questions HERE
THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK BY, MARK MANSON
IG Live Date: 3/27, 6:30pm PST
L’APPART: THE DELIGHTS AND DISASTERS OF MAKING MY PARIS HOME BY, DAVID LEBOVITZ
IG Live Date: 4/24, 6:30pm PST
THE GEOGRAPHY OF BLISS BY, ERIC WEINER
IG Live Date: TBA as we will be traveling for our anniversary
Really looking forward to reading with you!